November 8, 2011

LIFE AS OF LATELY

Life lately.

It's been a crazy, funny (the sarcastic way, not the ha-ha way) messy ride. But what would life be if it wasn't all of those things?

Here's the short version of what's been going on with our house. We, meaning us and the property agency we rented through, were not informed the house we signed a year lease on was on the market. For sale. Can't for the life of me figure out how that little detail went by untold but it did. We were approached by the owner's son about moving to another one of their houses so they could sale our current one. Something didn't feel right to M and myself so we contacted our property agency.
Another long story short - the house owners were not legally allowed to do what they were trying and once we turned in our 30-day notice, I guess they either spooked or felt guilty and took the house off of the market.

Therefore, we are staying here for our years lease. Come next October - we'll be moving again. Seems to be a big part of our lives. Since M and I got married, we've moved 5 times. 5 different houses in 4 different cities. A bit much? We've only been married 4 years. I guess change just finds us.

I am happy we aren't moving again. But, house hunting will commence again soon. We are hoping we can get our ducks in a row and buy a house after this one. The house we'll raise our children in. Hopefully the house we'll settle in for a very. long. time. I love change and different experiences but at this point, I think we are all over moving. Packing boxes are becoming the bane of my existence.

We are settled in. Again. The last of the boxes are in the trash. And with the exception of a put together office and a few pictures, we're moved in. I am happy. But I am also very ready for the next chapter. The chapter where we find our forever home.

So on to other, much cuter things. The L-monster. She is SO big. And, so smart! She is 22 months now - I will be posting her monthly letters soon - and changing by the minute. I do wish she would talk more instead of yanking my hand in whatever direction she wants something or grunting at me but she does talk so I guess she just chooses when to say what. More on her later!

We had a great Halloween. Lia loves her candy! Fall isn't over yet but I feel it slipping through my fingers more and more each day. Christmas is oozing in and I can't help but be excited. I'm excited for Thanksgiving too. But mostly for the parade - ha :)

I'm trying to find our way into mommy groups or play-dates or friends or anything. I know one person here. That's great! But, I'd love to know more.

I was talking to M the other day. The military is such an awesome, unique experience. I hate leaving friends behind (or being left behind by friends) but I really didn't mind finding new places to live. And I know I just said how we are ready to settle down and all. We are. But, we've never had to, and that's scary. It kind of sends me into a claustophobic mood when I realize this town is where we could live for good. To raise our children. To grow old together. I love the South, I'm from the South. But, New York just gave us so many more opportunites. Here, in "lowcountry", I'm kind of nervous about staying here.

Don't get me wrong, I do like it here. And I am up for the challenge. I'm also up for expressing how I feel. And right now, I feel kind of like a fish in a bowl.

I'm sure it will get better, right? Right.

Oh, and I mentioned M and I are talking about having another baby. Can I get some honest opinions here? Does it scare any other first time moms to do it all over again? When L was born, I craved another child. I was THAT much in love. I am still very much that much in love. But L is a toddler. And for the past 7 months, we've lived with my family. Life was different and I had built-in help. Here, life is back to normal but I'm used to taking care of a household with a babe. Not a toddler. It's like I am learning all over again how to do this. I want a baby so bad. And I know once I take that step, I'll be fine. Nervous, but fine. Any advice? I just want to know I can handle a newborn with my crazy stubborn full-of-love child.

I think you're caught up now. And, if you read all that - well you either have a lot of time on your hands or you are really sweet. I'm sticking with the second one.

& because what's a post without pictures, here you go-



1 comment:

  1. Awwww :( I know the feeling, we've been in Savannah for almost two years (maybe longer?) and I still don't have good friends. It's so hard and just different when you're a mom. Boo! If you're ever in Savannah let me know, we know about some pretttty awesome playgrounds and ice cream shops :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co