November 28, 2011

TURKEY DAY AND THE WEEKEND

I need a week to recover from this weekend. It was go, go, go. And we stuffed our faces a lot too. Thank goodness M and I just bought a treadmill for the garage. I'm going to need it.

We had an awesome Thanksgiving! Seriously, one of the best we've ever had. It was so nice hosting my parents and sister in our new home. Lia had tons of fun hanging out with them. She's really missed seeing them every day.

Our day (and weekend!) was full of great company, amazing food and lots of laughs. Seriously, a good chunk of the actual big day was spent watching Swamp People + hilarious YouTube videos.  I cooked everything (minus the gravy, thanks to my dad) and the food was so good. It's actually my 3rd time cooking turkey and I pretty much rocked it this year. I also made a ham. First time ever and it was ohmygod so good. I don't even like ham and I ate it!


turkey/ham/yellow cake + buttercream frosting/s'mores pie/apple pie

We hit the stores around 9 PM for some black friday shopping, came back home around 2 AM, slept and was back out in the morning for a bit more shopping. We didn't go too crazy. Okay, maybe we did. We ended up getting an Apple Mac and a treadmill. Yikes for that credit card bill. But, we got some good deals. We also picked up a few other things and a christmas present for the L-bug.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home and visiting with my aunt + cousin who came over.

We spent all day Saturday in Savannah. It was L's second year visiting Santa. And it went just as badly as the first year! I was pretty sure she was traumatized. But when the candy cane was put in her hand, all was well. We grabbed lunch at Texas where my sister and I decided on margaritas a bit early. It was before noon. We regretted it later. We followed with a walk downtown, popping in and out of stores and trying for the perfect Christmas card picture.

It was really one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. It was sad to see them go on Sunday but they'll be back next month for L's big birthday!

I'll be playing catch up this week. Cleaning the house, laundry, making a meal plan and trying to get organized for Christmas. Oh, and not to mention setting up our new computer and the desk my mom gave us for an early Christmas gift. And getting in some exercise on that treadmill...

Hope you all had a great holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We JUST moved from Savannah in September! I loved it there & I cannot wait to go back. Love your blog. You have a sweet little family :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co