September 27, 2010

Homemade Applesauce.

My wonderful daddy taught me how to make homemade applesauce the other week after we went apple-picking. Me, being the lover of cooking and baking, couldn't wait to try it! I don't personally like applesauce, I think the texture throws me off. Like, pudding. I don't like eating weird textures...

Anyways, M and L like applesauce and I love cooking for them so last night after dinner I made a batch of applesauce. Mmm, it's so Fall-ish to have the kitchen smell like fresh apples!

M was my taste-tester last night to make sure the applesauce was sweet enough. After a little extra sugar, he said it was very good! L was my taste-tester this morning. I fed her some this morning for breakfast and she seemed to really like it! I left the texture a little chunky for her, but she will get used to that.

Since I love to share goodness, here's the recipe!
Makes about 4-6 servings.
4-6 apples peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
 I used a mixture of sweet apples and tart apples. I think whatever you have on hand is fine. If you are making a large batch, use more apples.
4-6 tablespoons sugar
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Peel the apples and slice them into small chunks. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook. Toss them into a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Cook them on medium-high heat until they cook down to mush.
Drain the apples, toss them back into the pot and mash them down with a fork. Add the sugar (I would start with 4 tbsp and taste, then go from there) and cinnamon (don't overdo the cinnamon!) and mix it all up.
Then just refridgerate it. It should be good for about a week.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co