December 13, 2016

DECEMBER AROUND HERE


As Monday rolled around this week, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I had forgotten what it felt like to have nothing looming over my head and no crazy tasks topping my to-do list. I have been so busy with what feels like everything that I haven't taken much time for myself. 

I was scrolling mindlessly through Instagram earlier this week and I came across a photo that had a caption that hit me. It went something along the lines of a mom posting that she was two years postpartum and a few months post breast feeding and she FINALLY felt like she was finding herself again and coming out of a fog.

Besides the breastfeeding part, that's how I am feeling. I wrapped up my last semester of school last week. I'm taking a semester off to figure out what comes next. I'm excited about the break! 

With school over, all of our Christmas shopping done, the surprise trip for the kids booked, and nothing else but that and Christmas left on our list for this year, I can guiltlessly choose to not stress this month and to binge watch TV during nap time. I can choose to just be for a few weeks.

Mundane tasks like folding laundry and scrubbing toilets is my top priority right now and it feels kind of nice.

My brain is starting to whirl again - ideas for my business, the desire to dust this blog off again, plans to clean out closets and drawers, and find ways to feel like I am on top of my game again. 

For now, December is going to be my jam. I'm taking a breather and soaking up the cheer and fun and twinkling lights with my loves.

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co