May 19, 2010

This one isn't easy...

I have loved dolphins ever since I was a little girl. I was obsessed with them. To me, they were magical creatures. I remember on my birthday (maybe the 15th), my parents took me on a boat ride on the coast of North Carolina that looked for dolphins. It wasn't the best day, weather-wise, and I think maybe we saw one. But, the excitement I felt at the possibility of seeing a dolphin in its' natural home was overwhelming. Then, there were the trips to aquariums in Florida and Hawaii. I dreamt about being those trainers that got to be so up close and personal with these beautiful, happy animals. I was convinced I would become a marine biologist or an animal trainer. Of course, I am happy as a mother + wife now and I wouldn't change that for the world, but there is still a special place in my heart for dolphins.

Then, today. Today I wanted to blog. I haven't blogged in awhile, even M is reminding me I haven't blogged. That probably means it's time to blog again. But I didn't really have anything to say. I mean, I could push out a blog about the same ole' saying we're all doing good and stuff (which I'll be doing later) but then I came across this video while reading Mrs. Muffins. This is heartbreaking. Sad + depressing. It's not for everyone to watch. And I know, she has a much bigger reader list than my blog but still, if it got to just one different person, maybe something could change.

Maybe these dolphins could be helped...

Warning: This is heartbreaking. And scary. Please, don't think it's easy to watch at all. However, I agree with Mrs. Muffins when she said "Sometimes it’s very hard for me but the way I see it is that if the animals have to endure it, the least I can do is watch it and become informed."




If you'd like to learn more or learn how you can help, you can visit:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! Since this documentary came out, a lot of eyes have been opened but the fishermen are still killing dolphins :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all so sad :( I love dolphins too.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co