May 5, 2011

CHANGE AND HAPPINESS

                                                                      Source: createfindadmire.tumblr.com via kristy on Pinterest


I've thought about this post for days. I've thought about taking a mini-blog break. To clear my head and figure some things out. But, I don't think leaving will really fix anything. I am going to blog when I feel like it, not when I feel like I am supposed to.

If you read this post, then you know I've not been myself lately. I've been bitter and angry and as I explained to M last night, I feel stripped of who I am because of the situation I am in. I let myself get down in the dumps, but instead of picking myself up and brushing it off, I let it pull me further down.

                                                                                      Source: None via kristy on Pinterest


I wasn't the best wife. I haven't been the best mom. Anything and everything that describes me, well, I failed it.
                                                                        Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via kristy on Pinterest


That stops today. I have this little piece of inspiration still floating around and I'm grabbing onto it and holding on for dear life. For my life. My life and my marriage is really taking a hit and it isn't fair. I can be sad and not happy about the situation, that's allowed. I just can't let it control me and move me where it wants too.

Whenever Lia falls down, I teach her that it's okay. Just stand back up and brush yourself off. For her, it's just a physical lesson right now. She actually brushes her hands together to rub off dirt. Side note - it's totally the cutest thing ever. But for me, it's going to be a much bigger life lesson.

                                                                             Source: etsy.com via kristy on Pinterest

I am determined to just pick myself off, brush off the last few months of crud and get back out there. I feel (and hope) if I surround myself with inspiration and the things and people that I love, I'll get through this rough patch.

Not having our home or our regular, everyday life is bugging me. I need to learn to be happy anywhere, because life is going to throw us some curve balls every now and then.

I have gotten so much support from some amazing bloggy gals out there and to you - I say Thank You! Thanks for sticking around my blog, thanks for inspiring words and sweet tweets. You girls are truly awesome.

I starting to read "The Happiness Project". I am hoping it inspires change in me and motivates me enough to start the change.

                                                          Source: downandoutchic.blogspot.com via kristy on Pinterest




3 comments:

  1. Good for you! What an awesome attitude to have. Love the quotes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really will be ok. Take care of yourself and your family first...they are the ones that matter most and everything else will fall into place. I have been where you are and while it's not pretty, I can tell you that it doesn't last forever. You will get past it and it will all just be a memory! Hugs sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, life can be so hard and so can transitions. I'm having the hardest time here in CA. Keep your head up, things will get better.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co