October 21, 2011

chicken and black bean quesadillas : a recipe!

Oh, how yummy dinner tonight was. Like, so good we had seconds and would have gone back for thirds had there been any food left! Even l-bug ate some.

I whipped up these awesome quesadillas using this PW recipe, this other recipe and a bit of my own touch. They were amazing. If I had known how good they were then I would have planned this post out a bit.

 But since I didn't know how awesome of a cook I was going to turn into tonight (ha!) here's what you get:



It's a really simple recipe - I made ours using only one chicken breast since L doesn't really care for meat. You can use more just double up everything else!

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, sliced & diced
1 can of diced green chiles
1 can of black beans, drained
Chili pepper, ground cumin, pepper, Lawry's salt and a pinch of crushed red pepper.
Shredded cheeses (I used cheddar and mozzerella)
Butter/Margarine
Olive oil
Flour tortillas

Slice and dice your chicken into bite-sized pieces. Toss 'em in a bowl and season them. I just eyeballed everything - no measuring. You can taste the chicken once it's cooked and see what it's missing.

Heat up some olive oil in a pan. Add the chicken and cook a few minutes. Add the can of chiles. Mix together and let cook until done.

Put a pat of butter in another hot pan, letting it melt some. I make the bottom layer of the quesadilla first and then put it in a pan. So on a plate, I lay out one tortilla and top it with cheese and some black beans. Place that in the pool of butter, add your chicken mixture then top with another tortilla. Let it get browned and toasty then flip over and let the other side cook.

Then, plate up and eat up! So so good.


1 comment:

  1. I could SO go for this right now! I'm glad to finally have a proper quesadilla recipe, as opposed to "winging it".

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co