October 10, 2013

LOCAL LOVE

 photo IMG_9516edit_zps1a72ade2.jpg
 photo IMG_9518edit_zps328c5fb7.jpg
 photo IMG_9520edit_zps3d5f6cd3.jpg
 photo IMG_9522edit_zps857da338.jpg

Something I do love about where we live is that we're just a short car ride away from Savannah, Georgia. I grew up visiting the charming downtown area and I've always had a love affair with River Street. And it's pretty awesome to pass on my childhood love for this candy store to L.

After a quick stop at Oktoberfest last weekend, we popped into this bakery. I read this blog post a few months ago and ever since, I've felt the need to go. The place drips with charm and kindness. And honestly, I love when I can discover that the actual owner of the shop is in. She looked to be having a chat with friends or a casual business meeting, but you can tell she loves this place she's created.

I pretty much died over the mason jars, cake stands and recipe cards she sells. But, that day was about the cakes. L's "newborn" cupcake was heavenly. The perfect size for her little hands and it tasted amazing. M and I shared the milk chocolate cupcake and it was spot-on.

I think we'll be back soon!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co