May 5, 2017

THIS WEEK


It's Friday and Cinco de Mayo! Who's celebrating? We have family photos scheduled tonight and then we'll probably grab some local Mexican food for dinner. Simple and low-key, which is what we need after this week. 

Here's a fun fact for you - Cinco de Mayo is the celebration of the battle of Puebla (not Mexico's independence day, as many have believed) and M's family comes from the state of Puebla. We're making plans to visit this summer and I'm getting excited about indulging in some culture and history with these babes.Today was a little mental health day for our girl. We skipped our usual routine (sometimes we all need a day off from school - especially after rocking her school life with student of the month!) and did lunch and playtime with friends at Chick-Fil-A. It's unusually chilly today so we're taking a break from the pool.


We've all been under the weather this week and the house looks destroyed while we're prepping to have wood flooring installed. Yay! My mind is swirling with rug ideas and ways to finally finish decorating the kids rooms. There's nothing like a house project to create a spark for other projects.


And a few things this week.

A taco board! This is ingenious and so dreamy.
Being a woman these days is feeling pretty scary. Healthcare issues are a hot issue right now and for good reason. But, it fuels me to continue to be proud of who I am and stick up for what I believe is right and to teach my own children to do the same.
This mat looks like a must-have for days at the park and beach alike. I typically carry two different styles of blankets for outings and I'd love to have one all-purpose one!
Hidden giants in the woods. This would thrill my children. And, me, if I'm being honest!

Get out there this weekend loves! Do you. Show some love. Respect others. Be kind. Drink a margarita. Enjoy the beauty around you. xo!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co