June 25, 2017

THE SUNDAY EDITION, 1


Happy weekend, babes! I'm sitting in the library attempting to write a list of blog posts to cover a few weeks. I am feeling stressed out. Which is why I'm hiding out at the public library. My anxiety is doing strange things. And, I'm just not feeling myself or very good these days. I think it's a combination of our usual schedule thrown to the wind and the summer blues.

My kids have hit a stage where it's never enough. Sometimes, I think it's because they have too much. Others times, I think it's a typical stage of summer time. Go more, do more, see more. It's summer and we have to fill our days with as much as we can, as often as we can. 

Balance is what we need. And, a clear-minded mom. I'm hoping to find some of that clearness and some summer structure while still totally falling into the pattern of lazy days, long nights, and fun adventures that seems so summer-esque.




Does any of this ring true to you? Do you struggle with finding clarity and balance after life shifts and makes way for a new chapter and a new season? 

Here's to playing catchup and taking a few deep breaths. Before I go finish my list, here's a few things around the web I'm loving this week...

This amazing summer list. The hand-drawn details are the perfect touch! 
I grew up eating these homemade donuts my mom would make for us. We make them for our kids now and their favorite part is always shaking the brown paper bag full of sugar to coat the hot donuts. The campfire part is something new to try!
My go-to recipe this month. I turn the pork into pulled pork BBQ sandwiches one night and pork taquitos or tostadas the next! It helps on these long summer days when the last place I want to be is the kitchen!
A real life book fairy. I read The Handmaid's Tale (and I'm watching the Netflix series!) and I can totally get why this book of ALL books is being handed out to woman everywhere. It's fiction leans a little too close to the way our country looks right now.
Speaking of books, Jimmy Fallon has written a follow-up to his book "Dada"! 
Extra(ordinary) routines and the people behind them. A site from my booklist that I can't wait to spend a few minutes exploring.
Ken dolls and man buns! You guys, Barbie and her friends have CHANGED. Are you into it? I'm all for diversity and the goodness that came from behind the idea of an update.
An interactive map to tell you when and where to see the total solar eclipse happening in August! Our school system changed the opening date of school to work around this and I'm pretty excited to take a little drive (probably to Charleston!) to see it in person. 
Amazon bought Whole Foods. Here's why.

Have a great day!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co