February 14, 2019

BUTTERCREAM FROSTED SUGAR COOKIES


Happy Valentine's Day babes! I thought I'd pop on here today and share our favorite cookie recipe. We make these cookies for every holiday and they are always perfect.



The recipe is from an old Better Homes & Garden cookbook I have. We've used the recipe so much that the page is stained and torn. It's a classic in our house, for sure.

It's also super easy!

Cream 2/3 cup of softened, unsalted butter. Add 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix until combined. Add 1 egg, 1 tbsp milk, and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix until combined again. Then, add in 2 cups of flour. I do it one at a time and then knead the dough by hand at the end. 

Divide the dough in half. If it's really sticky, pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. I usually do this but today I skipped the fridge and all was still well! 

Flour up a surface, roll your dough out, and cut out whatever shapes you want. Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes. 

Our favorite thing to decorate these with is a simple buttercream made with 2/3 cup of softened, unsalted butter, 2 2/3 cup of powdered sugar, 2-3 tbsp of milk, and 3/4 tsp of vanilla. I usually end up adding a little more sugar at the end until I get the texture I want. 

I made a batch of these this morning while the kids were at school. I'll let them decorate them this afternoon with the buttercream and all the sprinkles. But, I couldn't resist dipping a few in some white chocolate I had out for another treat!

Making cookies is one of our favorite holiday traditions. Enjoy, xo!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co