August 9, 2021

Babymoon In Disney


We've got about 6 1/2 weeks to go until our sweet babe makes her appearance into the world! And there was no better time for a quick baby moon than last week. 

Setting up a sitter for the kids was the easy part, leaving them? Not so much! I'm a big fan of adult trips to Disney but I do always feel a little guilty going without the kids. There's just something about witnessing the magic through their eyes. 


We still did it, though! We drove down on a Tuesday morning and did a little shopping at Disney Springs before grabbing dessert at Gideon's and then dinner at The Boathouse. I highly recommend both places! We were planning on going back to Gideon's for their evening only special of hot cookies served up with ice cream but we were so full from dinner and I was exhausted. Next time!


And, we capped off the night with a quiet evening at the pool and The Incredibles on TV in the room.


Wednesday morning was all about the magic! We had reservations for Magic Kingdom and plans to spend the entire day there. I cruised around in a rented electronic wheelchair because, as much as I didn't want it, there was no way I'd get through all the walking. If you're very pregnant at Disney, splurge for one. 

I was able to ride most of the rides there and didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. We got to spend the day together without the kids, eating all my favorite park snacks and dodging mini rain showers here and there. 


We saw some of the Halloween decorations already up and I'll admit, I wasn't hating the cozy, fall vibe they were giving off! The one time we went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party a few years ago was the most fun and we've all wanted to go back again for another Fall season. Then, we capped the night off with our last viewing of the Happily Ever After fireworks (our favorite!) and took our very sore + tired selves back to our room.


We headed back home the next day with a few stops (like Ikea!) built-in to our trip. We couldn't wait to get back to the kids and they couldn't wait to have us back and get their souvenirs! 

Disney isn't the most usual place to babymoon at but if you love Disney like we do, it can be perfect. It was a great way to celebrate our magical little babe!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co