July 14, 2010

Question for the mamas.

Okay, all you mama's out there. I need some advice!

L just turned 6 months old. In this past week, she has decided to be everywhere and into everything as much as she possibly can. She's not crawling yet, but she scoots and arches her body to push herself in whatever direction she pleases.

I've discovered this poses a "crib issue". We don't use bumpers. In fact, the only thing in her crib is the sheet and her music toy hooked on the side. Whether SIDS is partially caused or affected at all by bumpers, I just decided I was uncomforable using them. That's never been a problem. Until now...

Now, in the mornings when I get L out of bed, I find her rolled over on her tummy, turned around facing the wall, with her legs sticking out the rails. Maybe I'm just a first-time mama freakin' out, but I am freakin' out.
Just tonight, when I put her down she didn't want to go down (she never does, at first) so she started arching her back and pushing her head into the crib trying to move. Then she started scooting herself in a 180.

I know I could just wait until she's almost asleep elsewhere and then try putting her to bed (for the arching herself issue) but she doesn't like being rocked. And when she's sleepy, she gets antsy. When M isn't home and her swing is in the washer (thanks to a nasty blowout), it's kind of hard to wait for her to just fall asleep. Because she doesn't just fall asleep. This girl has to see everything and touch everything and know what everything is! Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing. I love that she is so curious. It just makes bedtime a little more challenging.

But what about the waking up to find her in crazy places with her limbs dangling? I've started to read about the mesh breathable bumpers. Has anyone tried them out?

Any advice from mamas (or dads!) with the same issue?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....I have 4 kids, my youngest is 10mths old. I've always used bumpers, so I'm not sure what to tell you. You have to do what you feel comfortable with. I think I've seen somewhere that they have those mesh bumpers and I think it goes on the outside of the crib. You might want to look at OneStep Ahead. I've gotten alot of useful items from them. They have great SAFE baby items.

    Not sure if that helps any?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co