November 8, 2013

DIY | HALLOWEEN COSTUMES

How do you convince a three year old not to be a princess for Halloween? We compromised on two costumes this year - it's more fun that way, right? A very fancy princess and, my favorite, Pippi Longstocking.

Just like past Halloweens, I kept her costumes on a made-at-home level.

 photo photo87_zps1dbd6c8e.jpg
 photo photo86_zps32eebf29.jpg

Fancy princess details:
Hat, from her dress-up box \\ Dress, flower girl dress from my brother's wedding with a pink sash tied on to cover the existing blue one \\ Shirt|Leggings|Shoes, all from her closet \\ Wand, clearance find at Target

 photo IMG_0446edit_zps909e245b.jpg
 photo IMG_0471edit_zps4a64e185.jpg
 photo IMG_0455edit_zpsd2b70bd4.jpg

Pippi Longstocking details:
Dress|Shirt|Tights|Boots, from her closet \\ Monkey, from her playroom \\ Pirate eye patch, Target
Along with a crazy amount of hairspray and gel, I braided pipe cleaners into her hair to attempt give the signature Pippi look. I "sewed" small pieces of fabric to the dress using this and then drew on freckles with eye liner.

You can see her past costumes here!

PS. I loved how her fancy princess costume turned out and even though a pink princess costume wouldn't be my first choice, I'm happy to stand back and watch her make the decisions that make her the happiest.

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co