November 14, 2013

OUR AFTERNOONS

 photo photo96_zps15100853.jpg

Our afternoons usually look like this...

Peanut butter sandwiches at the kitchen table. Books scattered across L's floor. A favorite show on TV before nap. And then a quiet two hours for me. Some days I clean, some days I relax. It sounds much calmer when it's written out. But, there's always whining about taking a nap, she's usually indecisive about what shape her sandwich should be and then she takes well over 30 minutes to eat. 

That's our day-to-day afternoon. I'm trying to slow down and remember that these are the sweet spots of our days together. I only get so many of these types of days and I want to know that I made them good for her amongst the imperfections. What do your afternoons look like?

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co