April 8, 2014

FROM LAST WEEK

 photo IMG_3319edit_zps9c0cead4.jpg
 photo IMG_3328EDIT_zpsc22d78bd.jpg
 photo IMG_3341EDIT_zps972612ee.jpg
 photo IMG_3440EDIT_zps006d5f01.jpg
 photo IMG_3395EDIT_zpsb23ae59e.jpg
 photo IMG_3450EDIT_zpsfe7a1d2a.jpg

You know, sometimes I find no words to talk about our week. It was our week and mundane things went on as they tend to do and we found happy moments and we had bad ones and it was life. Like, I spent most of last week not talking to my husband. He hurt my feelings, I hurt his. And sometimes, it just seems that brooding silently and taking your space is the best way to let the argument just settle. No one was going to win and saying "I'm sorry" and letting our defenses down after a few days was the best case scenario here.

I also found all of my old CD's, from when CD's were an actual thing and I spent all of my grocery store cashier paychecks on them as a teenager, and popped in a happy-sounding one to get me through some Spring cleaning.

As for the Spring cleaning, well, it's going to be Summer before I finish that task. But, I did toss out a couple bags of trash after two rooms. The more clutter I move out of the house, the more mind space I clear up. And then I fill the empty space up with mind-swirling check-off tasks of all the cleaning I've yet to do.

But then I added a new latte bowl to my very small stack. A mustard yellow mini colander found its way home. Shiny new rugs from Ikea cozy up the house. I spent sunny afternoons at the park and catching up with my girl and her tricycle. We did puzzles and played with friends. I cooked a few good meals. And just like that, I found words and life seemed full circle again and another week started. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co