January 19, 2017

GLEE

A late morning bath and a bottle of foamy soap. A bit of magic that helped me capture this pure moment. And, just like that, my soul was refreshed. A corner of my tiredly overworked mind has cleared and now I can take in some joy of our day instead of staying in the moody, tiring fog I've been in for weeks. What seems like never-ending sickness around here and things piling up (laundry, dishes, clutter, you name it....) and I stopped seeing the little joys that are also piling up. The giggles, the smiles, the tiny pitter patter of toes running through the house. The perfect grocery store roses. Finishing a crossword puzzle. A pile of magazines and a quiet afternoon.

The funny thing about anxiety and bad days and moody weeks is that the good stuff doesn't stop happening. There's no sudden stop to the flow of good and happy things. Our brains just can't see them as vividly. 

"Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things will always work out." Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co