July 17, 2019

A FAVORITE PEPPER STEAK RECIPE

I'm not the greatest cook. I love looking at pretty photos of delicious food and I love reading cooking blogs, but those habits don't lead to any better cooking on my part! I'm not bad at it, really - it's just not a passion. I'd rather be taking the pretty photos or catching up on a lesson of Spanish or helping the kids put together a puzzle.

Cooking just isn't my jam. I'm the main cook around here though so it's simple + easy recipes 99.9% of the time. And this pepper steak one is a classic favorite. 

I learned the recipe from my in-laws years ago and just like the original recipe came to me, I have no measurements to give! I promise it's easy though.

You'll need:
some top round steak. I like to buy the kind already cut into strips. 
a few bell peppers in a mix of colors.
one yellow onion.
your favorite season - we use Goya Adobo
and, some oil. 

Heat up your oil in a large stock pot, then toss in your steak and season it well. It's important not to under-season it or you'll end up with very bland steak. Put a lid on it and let the stove do it's thing, stirring it occasionally. 

Once the meat is cooked through and softening up (30 minutes or so), add your peppers and onions, taste to see if it needs more seasoning, and let cook another 10-15 minutes - or until the vegetables are cooked to your preference. 

Serve over rice and enjoy!




No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co