June 10, 2021

What I Read In May


I read so many good books last month! The must-reads : Northern Spy, The Four Winds, and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (so, so good!). I feel like I'm hitting a good stride with staying attracted to the idea of picking up a book instead of scrolling social media and that's always a good thing. A little habit that's helped me is to make sure I've always got a few good books stocked on my phone (free Kindle downloads or library borrows from Hoopla and Cloud library) for when I forget a book at home.


Northern Spy - A serious must read! Ticked all the boxes for a good, historical novel but not your typical WWII story line. I loved it!

Get a Life, Chloe Brown - A cute, albeit cheesy rom com novel. 

Convenience Store Woman - Meh, this one was odd. I didn't hate it and in certain points I could relate to the main character, but it wasn't a favorite.

The Restaurant - I read this one for bookclub. Light, breezy, set on Nantucket. It was a nice story but felt a little too light. 

To Tell You the Truth - A decent thriller to break up the mix this month. 

The Girls in the Stilt House - This one reminded me of Where the Crawdads Sing and while it took me time to really get into it, I'm glad I kept going.

All Along You Were Blooming - I love Morgan Harper Nichols, that's all.

The Four Winds - Another must read. I haven't read a novel based on the depression era (or at least, not in a very long time) and I really enjoyed this one. 

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Ah, Taylor Jenkins Reid. She did not disappoint. Add this one to your list!

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co