September 13, 2021

How To Get Into The Fall Mood


I was born in the full swing of summer, but for as long as I can remember, Fall has been my season. There's just something about crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters, a chill in the air, and all the pumpkins that gives me a contented feeling. It's like taking a deep breath of fresh air.

Living in the south most of my life though means when the calendar rolls over to September, the weather still doesn't drop out of the 80s/90s and I've learned to take things into my own hands to cultivate that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Here's a few of my favorite things to to find that fall mood...

Open the windows.  Is there anything better than a crisp breeze blowing through the house? 

Make it smell good. Burn your favorite fall candle or make a simmer pot. 

Make a fall playlist. Mine always includes a few favorite songs from the You've Got Mail soundtrack!

Fill the house with pumpkins! Spotting a pumpkin on a front porch always makes me smile. Our pumpkins make it inside the house too - on shelves, kitchen counters, and bedroom dressers too. I like to spread the joy from room to room. 

Make comfort food. This time of year gets hectic for us with soccer schedules/after school activities/halloween events so falling back on some cozy meals that have been cooking all day in the slow-cooker always makes an evening feel a little more peaceful.

Curate your kids' books! I start this early so I can fill their shelves with books from our own collection and ones we grab from the library. Festive bookshelves in my kids rooms is something they look forward to. And, we always have a basket of seasonal reads in the living room so the kids can easily grab a book and snuggle on the sofa. 

Grab your coziest sweater or build a fall capsule wardrobe . I just picked this sweater up at Target and I'm obsessed. I'll be postpartum most of the season so I'm thinking all the leggings, oversized tees, and cozy sweaters to streamline my mornings.

It's really just being deliberate with the moments in our days and really soaking in the little things that make the season. The season is so short and I wish it would last forever! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co