April 8, 2010

CUPCAKES, DECORATIONS AND PRESENTS. OH MY!

It was a very happy 25th birthday to M yesterday! The last couple weeks leading up to his birthday he's been saying how "old" he's getting. I keep telling him 25 isn't old. Let's freak out when we get to 30, ya know? Not that 30 is old but it's still a ways away! I wanted to cheer him up and make him realize he isn't old. I decided to throw an actual party. He knew I had invited his family over and I was ordering pizza and making bread. Usually they just come over and hang out and we eat and chat. I ended up buying kid-like decorations and balloons and those sqauker things that make lots of noise when you blow into them. I thought maybe it would make him feel a little younger. I think it worked! He told me at the end of the night "this was a lot more than I expected, I expected my family and just dinner but this was way more". He spoils me to death, I like returning the favor and showing him what he means to me and Lia. I made him strawberry cupcakes and brownie per his request. We ordered a few yum-o ny style pizza's and I made some cheese bread. It was a good night, a very good night. Lia got her daddy some nice plaid shorts + a tee. His family got him some new shoes. Which so oddly happened to match his new shorts perfectly. I got him the hid headlights for his car he's been wanting since I met him. Four years ago. Seriously, for four years he has pointed to every car with those lights we see and says "see those lights? those are the lights I want". It's kind of funny now - we both do it, still. But four years? Past time for him to get "those lights". Issues with figuring out where to order them + paypal + the website tricking me into not knowing if I ordered them or not meant Manny ordered them for himself last night after he figured out if I had or had not ordered them. I really should learn paypal...

Anyways, great food, great times, great presents, great brownies (i'm not tooting my own horn, I know they are great when our brother-in-law walks in, goes into the kitchen, and starts eating the crumbs out of the pan!) and great 'birthday boy with his wifey + daughter' family time. This weekend M + I will be heading to the NYC car show he's been wanting to go to since he's been old enough to go to car shows. I'm getting a friend to watch L for us. The car show will be too much for her to handle (it's an all-day thing) and it's not often M + I get some alone time.

Happy Thursday!

Oh, to all the other bloggers out there, tomorrow kicks off the Ultimate Blog Party 2010.
Ultimate Blog Party 2010
Come blog it up with us!


Now for some birthday pictures!

what's a party without hats + noisemakers?

cupcakes!

those brownies.

make a wish + blow out your candles baby!

happy birthday to YOU!


our very happy little family

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co