April 28, 2010

I've slunk into a funk.

For the past couple days, I've sat down to post something. It never happened.

I've been in a funk lately. I'm tired, alot. I'm not really in a good mood. Little things irritate me to no end. I'm at my wits end with the dog + cat. I'm just blah.

I started the week off good. Sunday + Monday, I cleaned the house and everything was put away where it was supposed to be and on Monday, I hit the gym with Manny. It felt good. But, only for a little while. I don't know what is going on, but I'm tired of it. I don't even feel like posting a blog right now. I'm doing it so I can post pictures of L since I missed quite a few daily photos.

L has a cough and her nose is runny sometimes. I think she's teething too. She's got major droolage going on. Like, bucketloads. And getting ready for solids. We've got some rice cereal. I think we're going to try it out this week. She takes a 6 oz bottle every 3 hours. But lately, she'll eat more often or she just won't seem full when she's finished her bottle. I don't want to start giving her 7 oz so I am hoping cereal is the anwser. I know her pediatrician recomendends waiting until 6 months but I think she's hungry. She isn't really miserable lately, but she isn't as playful as she usually is. She slept for 3 hours on my chest this morning. And wanted to be held all day long. I shouldn't complain, she's so sweet-looking when she's sleeping or cuddled up on me. But then she wouldn't sleep. And, I had to drive around for a while to get her to nap. It's okay though, as long as she's happy at the end of the day, I'd do anything for her. I'm just hoping I come out the other end with some sanity and a better understanding of patience!

Now, fast forward hours later. All of that (minus the last few sentences) was written earlier this morning. L got wind of me posting a blog and would have NO such thing! I'm just now (9 pm) getting back around to it. The end of this will be jam-packed with pictures + videos!

I've had a shower + a chocolate ice cream cone + M started the dishes, so I'm feeling a small boost in my mood. My mom also gave me some good insight on why Toby pees on the floor (and I ALWAYS step in it) every day, multiple times. So maybe I can put that to a stop real quick. I really just need to tell this funk where to stick it and just do something! Laundry, dishes, post this blog...something, you know? I don't know where funks come from, but they don't usually go away by themselves. The week is halfway over though. And, tomorrow L turns 4 months old! AND, Flashforward comes on and M + I are expecting a good episode. So, that's something to look forward too.

Back to L + the rice cereal. We tryed it! And, I think she liked it. (I had to use some kind of Yo Gabba Gabba reference, she LOVES them...as much as a 4 month old can love a cartoon.) We gave her a normal bottle feeding then I mixed up 1 tbsp and a little extra with some water. She wasn't sure what to do at first. Actually, she was more preoccupied with her bib (the plastic kind what wipes off easily), she's never used one like that before. Once I thickened the cereal up a bit more, she seemed to get the hang of not sucking but actually eating it. I think we'll try a little each day until she gets the hang of it. Hopefully, she'll start getting fuller. Then we tryed to have her sit up. She's getting better, I think her head is still a little more-than-average heavy for her body! She's just growing up + changing so fast...

I've got some pictures of L + her daddy playing and videos of her holding her bottle + eating cereal!
Enjoy!


First, I'm uninterested. Then, I'm happy. Then, I'm mad! But, then I'm okay again.

I think i'll do some roaring!
And, then I'll ignore Daddy because he's looking away.

The face of Lia.
Seriously, those eyes get me EVERY time.


Lia can hold her own bottle! Sort of. And sometimes!

L eating rice cereal for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. Does like this is when I say I'm, "bleck, blah and in a funk"!

    I'm totally jealous that your sweet cupcake eats cereal. My Spitball will be 8mths in a few days...and he refuses to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. We all get in our funks from time to time. It'll get better.

    Your little one is a doll though.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co