August 16, 2011

GET MOVING

Lately, change has been on my mind.

                                                                     Source: thehealthychange.tumblr.com via kristy on Pinterest


Attitude change, perspective change, body change. I just really want to improve myself. When I started this blog a few years ago, I really didn't know what I wanted out of it. Heck, I didn't even know who I was. I was (still am...sort of) young and growing. In the past year, I've really started finding myself. What I like and how to express that. The interwebs is chock full of inspiring things to help with that. Hello, pinterest!


My mind has been rolling around with the thought...do I still want to be like this/look like that/not do this or that when I am 30? Because in my almost 25 year old head, 30 sounds adult-ish to me. More settled into life. If that makes any sense.

Moving right along...

I just keep thinking if I want to change something, I should do it now. Step by step, make a change. And, everytime I think that I keep brushing it aside. Fear, maybe? Laziness, probably.


But tonight, I took a different step. Which led to another good choice and then another. Like a domino effect of good choices, if you will. It felt feels good. If I remember this feeling, maybe I can keep it going.

We bought a jogging stroller today. I am NOT a jogger, by any means. However, I have dreams of being the kind of girl that can tuck the babe in a stroller, leash the dog, grab my headphones and hit the pavement. In really cute workout clothes, mind you. It's something I aspire to do. Because I never have. M and I have been toying with the idea of getting a bike & baby seat or a jogging stroller. We both need to get out and get moving. I found our stroller on craigslist. It's an oldie but goodie Jeep stroller that only cost us $40. Little dirty and old (like 2004 old) but I figure it works, it's affordable and we can learn what we want/don't want when we can afford to upgrade.

Despite her terribly unhappy face here, she really liked the stroller.
I think she was made I was taking a picture!

I have been feeling dizzy all day but I really wanted to test it out so we took it to downtown and ended up walking 2.6 miles! That felt good. It was a nice night where we didn't feel like the heat was sweltering us. Once we got home, I was hungry from not eating dinner (not one of my good choices haha) so I made a snack of apple slices, a granola bar and a glass of water. Trust me, the queso and chips were calling my name. But I didn't want to ruin the walk I just took. It makes me feel 1000% horrible if I eat or drink something I know is unhealthy after a workout.

I just need that willpower all the time.

I am making no promises to myself except to start each day fresh and try my best to make good choices. My big-time goal is to lose at least 50 lbs. But, I'll start with a much more attainable 10 lb goal. Ashley over at The Domestic Wannabe has really inspired me. She started her goal and kicked it's butt!


With my birthday coming up in 2 weeks, I just really want to make the best of this year. 
Here's to life, good choices and being a positive & inspiring role model.

PS
I'd love any inspiration/motivation and recipes you've got! Send 'em my way!


3 comments:

  1. YAY, Awesome!!! Keep up the good work!
    I've started walking Krysta to and from school--it will feel soooo much better once it cools down!
    The hardest part is starting; it's cake from there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I have been using our Chicco stroller as a jogging stroller since my little man was born and it's not such a great idea, ha. I've been scouring Craig's List to find a jogging stroller. It sounds like you're on the right track and heading in the right direction. Good luck and can't wait to read about your progress :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you have started. I have been going to the gym/doing work out videos at home for 2 weeks. It's still hard to get out of bed early/get up an hour earlier but it's well worth it. When I eat something "bad" I always say, I could be eating this and NOT have gone to the gym. So it helps me feel less guilty and I haven't entirely gave up all "bad" foods. I've been the girl who cares about the number on the scale, but I've started something different this time. I care less about the number, but more about the picture. I took a picture side, front and back view and each week I'm going to do the same thing. It's not an instant reward, but like you said it's a lifestyle change and hopefully within a few weeks I'll definitely be able to see that! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co