December 24, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE

 photo IMG_6750EDIT_zps3537b0e1.jpg
 photo IMG_6760EDIT_zpsfb8368ce.jpg
 photo IMG_6769EDIT_zps223227d6.jpg
Merry Christmas Eve, friends! Things have been busy around here leaving me scatterbrained and pretty sure there's something major I'm forgetting to do before tomorrow. In any case, here's hoping I didn't but I'm sure tomorrow will be magical either way.

Today my to-do list feels like it's a mile long before we have some family fun later tonight. Between tidying up rooms, party prep for L (hello, mini pinatas!), last minute gift wrapping, stockings to stuff,  remembering to eat and a million bathroom breaks (hello, last few weeks of pregnancy...), I feel crazy.

BUT, Christmas magic? It's happening. Our advent calendar was a huge hit around here and we all had so much fun opening a new house each morning to discover a small treat or a fun activity. We painted ornaments, made lots of treats, donated toys and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. We took Lia to the North Pole (AKA Bass Pro Shop) to meet Santa and it was the first year she had her picture taken without one of us holding her! Twinkly lights brighten up the gray, rainy days we're having and we finally have a working fireplace. I'm excited to sit down and open our stockings by a roaring fire tomorrow morning. Stockings were always my favorite part of Christmas. My mom did them up big and right. And since M and I don't usually exchange gifts, we fill up a stocking for each other!

And after all the holiday cheer ends tomorrow night, we get to celebrate our sweet girl turning five (!), throw her a very fun party, welcome a new year and a new baby. Things are getting exciting around here even if most days I can be found with a top knot and yoga pants willing myself to get up and do something or clean anything!

From our family to yours, we wish you the happiest of holidays wherever and however you celebrate this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. happy christmas!
    lovely photos..
    that silver tree is magic!
    ...and those pink ornaments hung with care? gah! ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co