December 3, 2020

Holiday Home Favorites

Have you started decking the halls yet? Maybe you've trimmed the trees and hung stockings, like us. We needed an extra dose of cheer this year so we started last month! 



We keep it pretty simple with wreaths/greenery, little ceramic houses, bottle brush trees, and all the twinkly lights. I thought it would be fun to pull together some of my favorite things to decorate with and a few off of my wishlist too, in case you need a little inspiration or you're just obsessed with fun decor like me!

+ FESTIVE DOORMATS + 
What better way to greet a holiday guest, delivery worker, or even, in this weird year, yourself than a festive doormat? Jolly Santa could bring a smile to anyone's face, a typography mat packs a modern punch, and this cheeky doormat is doing it's thing by cheering up our front porch!

+ KITCHEN TEXTILES +
Bright market dishclothes will make wiping down counters a little merrier and no baking session is complete without a festive oven mitt.

+ CANDLES +
I don't usually stray from my favorite, capri blue volcano, but I make an exception around Christmas for tree-scented candles like capri blue fir + firewood and mahogany balsam.

+ ART +
Printables are the way to go with artwork - you can easily and affordably switch up your art! Quaint Christmas villages, modern typography, stockings, and a gingerbread house are my top picks.

+ TREE DECOR +
A capiz tree topper, black ornaments, and a tree collar are a few of my favorite things... to decorate the tree with!

+ LITTLE DETAILS +
I prefer to add in a few festive touches to our existing decor rather than cram the house with all things holiday so bottle brush trees and small ceramic houses really help bring in the joy and keep it uncluttered.

+ WREATHS +
I love a good wreath. A lighted one on the front porch and plain ones to hang on wall baskets or on doors for the indoors. They just make me feel warm inside! I usually go for faux wreaths but I add in fresh Christmas tree clippings or even eucalyptus stems to make them look a little more natural.

+ PILLOWS +
I'll be honest and say I wish I was the "change all the bedding for the holidays" kind of gal. The Christmas movies and Instagram-worthy bedroom shots get me every time. But, realistically, I probably won't spend the extra money to buy sheets for one season out of the year. So, enter throw pillows - the next best thing! Classic, trendy, and playful all work together to pop some cheer into your space.

Such cheery items are out in stores this year! Makes the whole dumpster fire that 2020 is a little merrier, yeah? 

..............................

No comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co