November 9, 2010

What happened to Thanksgiving?

So, everywhere I look Christmas is making it's appearance. The stores are stocked with lights, decorations, holiday M&Ms and festive music. The towns are decorating light poles and store fronts with light-up snowflakes and garlands and wreaths. It's all beautiful!

But, can we give Tom the Turkey is rightfully due respect? Can we celebrate him and then move on to Christmas? Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. I mean, I really lurve it. But it just turned November and it feels like it's all going way too quickly. I want to enjoy my favorite month. I want to enjoy the rest of the crunchy, bright colored leaves before the snow comes in and covers it all. I want to dream and drool over turkey + pan gravy, homemade mashed potatoes, rolls, pies, cakes and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. For me, it's not time to start celebrating Christmas until good ole St Nick comes riding his sleigh at the end of the parade. Then, by all means, rush out to the shed or garage and drag all out the holiday decor.

So, in honor of giving Thanksgiving it's own celebrations and decor (and because life is moving way too fast and I feel like if I don't make a point that it is still Fall, it won't be any longer) here's a round-up of Fall-ish DIY decor.

I wish I could do all of them but let's get real - I'll be lucky to finish even one. But I'd love to see what you do!





These pumpkins are on the top of my list. As soon as I learn how to sew...


Enjoy and Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. I love DIY projects. They all look awesome!! I'm with you...where the heck did Thanksgiving go?? There's Christmas trees at every store now..instead of turkeys!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co