December 2, 2011

crockpot bbq chicken : a recipe.

This recipe has found it's way to our dinner table a huge handful of times and I've only had it for about a month. It's so good. In fact, I make it about once a week. It's incredibly easy and the perfect weeknight recipe.

I pinned it, so I'm sure tons of you have come across it. But we all know that pinterest, as lovely and amazing as it is, can become a black hole of sorts full of amazing ideas and some very funny tidbits.

I typically serve it with yellow rice but potatoes would be great too!

I'll write the recipe as is, but I halve everything because we really only need to use 2 chicken breasts.

And what I love most about this recipe - toss your chicken in frozen! I am a perpetual forgetter when it comes to taking meals out of the freezer. And I really hate defrosting them in the microwave.

 photo(7)

You'll need:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle BBQ sauce (my fave is Famous Dave's, but its hard to find here so I sub in Sweet Baby Rays)
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder

Mix up the sauce with all the ingredients below it. Place the chicken in your crockpot and cover with the sauce. Cook on low for for 6 hours or high for 4. The chicken is so tender and moist and the sauce sticks to the skin and tastes amazing.

This will make many more appearances in our house!


1 comment:

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co