December 29, 2011

LETTERS TO LIA | 24 MONTHS

You did it babe. You turned into a full fledged kid. When people ask me how old you are, I won't be rambling off some double number followed by "months". I'll just say two. She's two. You're two!

IMG_7864

I swear, it seems I was just in the hospital yesterday. In lots of pain, screaming at anyone who'd listen that they better get you out of me right away. I know you weren't ready to come out. I'm sure you had your own plans for when your birthday would be. But the doctors had their own plans and I was just caught in the middle.

They finally caved in to my pleas and around 5 PM, you were born via c-section. From the moment I laid eyes on you, my world changed. It became brighter, happier, more beautiful. Since day one,  you've had us all wrapped around your tiny fingers. You run the show around here.

I tell you all the time, and I can't seem to tell you enough, how amazing and beautiful and perfect you are. How your eyes sparkle when you are really excited. How the little pitter patter of your feet running across the floor makes my heart do flip-flops. That I can't imagine a day without our house filled with your shrieking laughter. I wouldn't trade your good moments, your bad moments, any of your moments for the world!

IMG_7902

I don't know how mommy and daddy were so blessed to receive you as our gift but we are beyond thankful. You truly light up our worlds. The last two years have been amazing and they flew by. I'm so excited to see what this next year brings!

Mommy loves you SO much! Always remember that.

Stats:
Your 2 year wellness visit isn't until mid-January because mommy didn't find a doctor and set up an appt right away like I should have! So I'll update again after the visit.

You take 2-3 hour naps once a day, most days. If we are out and about, somehow a 10-15 min nap does the trick. You sleep anywhere from 8-9 PM to 7-8 AM. And you won't go to bed without your blankie and your "Bee". And someones your baby and Brobee. That's usually when you don't want to go to sleep so you stall by asking to get more stuff!

IMG_7868

You love to "clean" by pulling out tissues and wipes and wiping down tables and chairs. But, if you want a wipe - you'll bring the box to me, give me the cutest little smile and hold up 1 finger. Haha it's so adorable - of course I can't say no to that.

Clothes - 24 months/2T. A few random 12-18 month/18-24 things fit you but not many.
Shoes - You've been in 3 different shoe sizes this year! Right now it's a 6. We'll see how long that lasts ;)
Diapers - Size 5. But i'm really hoping to start potty training soon into the new year.

When you want your diapie changed, you run to me and hold your nose and point to your booty. It's seriously really cute! And if someone poots, you laugh and hold your noise. Why gas is so funny to you, I don't know!

We call your paci your "bobo" and you are more addicted to it than ever. I used to keep them in a basket in a drawer but you've learned how to open that drawer and take them when you want. Now when you want one, I tell YOU to go find it because I rarely know where they are!

IMG_7863

You also learned how to open all the closest doors and the pantry door. You pretty much do what you want with what you want! Ms. Grown Up! We are going to find some way to child-proof the closest doors though. I cringe thinking of you closing your fingers in them. And, its kind of old to walk in your room and see ALL of your pajamas strewn around the room because you took the liberty of taking all three drawers our of your dresser. How do you learn these things?!

You are talking more and more each day but only when you want to. I mean, you babble all day but I still can't understand most of it. If you really want your point across, you'll slow down and say a word or two and that'll be that.

New words you've picked up & Words you've been using a lot of lately:
Sit (which sounds like a bad s*it, to be honest!)
Back (when i've grabbed something to get you and you don't want it, you tell me "mama, back. back!"
When you call Toby, you say "bee".
Gabba for Yo Gabba Gabba.
You say phone whenever you hear our phones ring or make a noise then you'll run and find them for us.
Milk.
Juice.
Stay.
Come.
Tree.
Dora.

You LOVED Christmas. You would turn the tree lights on every day and just sit in your rocking chair staring at the tree.

IMG_7918

You got a baby doll/stroller/crib for Christmas and you have loved playing mama. You carry your baby around and give her a bobo and you sleep with her too!

You've learned where your ears are and now we're working on knees and toes. You can say almost all of the body parts you know too.

You love to follow me around most of the day and copy what I do. If I laugh, you laugh! If I turn on music, you like to twirl around and dance. You usually make me twirl around and dance too! You love watching me put on my make-up and I let you "wear" my powder and lipgloss.

You still love helping me and daddy do the laundry and unload the dishwasher. Knock on wood we haven't broken any dishes yet!

You love playing with your toys in your room. Most of the times when I think it's too quiet so I go searching for you, you are sitting in the bean bag in your room reading books. You love bath time but you hate when we wash your hair/rinse you off.

Lately, all you've eaten is cheese, spaghetti, popsicles and cereal. Along with Goldfish and applesauce, of course. You eat what you like and you throw what you don't like off your plate! You have been eating chicken or turkey when I cook it, so thats a good thing! Oh, and you like to steal my food and my drink and my utensils. Even when I give you regular forks & spoons (not your toddler safe plastic ones). I guess I don't mind sharing ;)

IMG_7885

The tantrums run high these days and time-outs and talking-tos are a daily thing around here but I think we're getting a grip on the sassy-diva attitude. It isn't perfect but you are starting to learn whats good behavior and what makes you look like you belong on "Toddlers & Tiaras"! But, I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

I love spending every day with home. It's not always easy, but me and you? We belong together. We're best friends and this is the way it's supposed to be.

You keep changing and growing every day. I love seeing the world through your eyes. I love the excitement you bring.

This weekend is your birthday party and I am so excited for you. You are two! You aren't my little baby anymore.

IMG_7946

Happy Birthday mamita. We love you!

XOXO,
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. Oh God! This is the sweetest thing I've ever read! Beautiful, I wish I've done this with Alice :( but I might start with a letter every year.
    I love your blog Kristy. You are awesome!
    Happy Birthday to little-no more Liah.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co