April 20, 2011

strawberry picking.

Today was supposed to be a beach day. I had my list, packed my bags and had my alarm set so I could be up bright and early. Then, we realized the beach is about 10 degrees cooler than here and it was going to be a windy day. Not exactly perfect beach weather, unless you want to freeze. And, we didn't.
Instead, we headed to a local farm for strawberry picking.


I used to go strawberry picking every Spring. When my mom was a little girl she used to live across from the farm and would go with her grandma. Now, L is going with her grandma!

I lurve strawberries. And there is nothing like a box full o' fresh berries. No sugar, whipped cream or any other toppings needed, they are delish. I can't stop eating them.


ignore the quality - it's an iPhone pic and not a great one!

Lia really loved them too. Once she figured out she was in a field of gasp...fruit! and she could have what she wanted she learned pretty quick what to do. She was running up and down the aisles, yanking a berry here and there and stuffing them in her mouth. I think grandma talked her into tossing one or two into the bucket.


Then she found a molded one. And, in what felt like slow motion M and I both went nooo Lia... and rushed to fish it out of her mouth. It was all over then. We had pissed her off.

Of course, grandma fixes everything with a new berry :)

But we ended up with a bucket full and a few good memories in our short 10 minutes. Literally, like 10 minutes. We were the first customers so there was good pickings today.




And, I got to cross another item off of my 101 in 1001 list!

4 comments:

  1. Aww Lia! How big you are getting and so fast!
    Strawberry picking looks like fun! I have been wanting to go for like EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun. Strawberries won't be ready here until midjune. Until then I have to buy the grocery store ones and it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay! She is such a sweetie pie. We love strawberries but I don't think I've gone picking for them. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun and she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co