February 10, 2011

EMBRACE THE CAMERA AND SOME NEWS



This week L and I have been visiting my parents in North Carolina. On Sunday, we all headed down to Morehead City for the Chocolate Festival. It was such a beautiful day outside, we had to check out the waterfront behind the convention center and take some pictures.





And, for the news. It's life changing. It's scary. It's not going to be easy. It's something that we are going to need to find our way through it as a family. It's exciting. It's new. It's a "I get to keep my husband around more often" kind of change.

We are officially getting out of the Marine Corp!

See? Scary. Big.

We've been dealing with this for awhile, but I didn't want to bring anything up until things got more official. Our EAS date (last day in the service) is February 22nd.

I know that the economy is unstable and not so good. But I have faith in my husband, our family and our choices. M is an incredible man who is such a hard worker. The Marine Corp has been so good for us and him the past 6 (7?) years. It has brought us challenges and opportunities. It has taken care of us and supported us. It has brought us some amazing friends.

It's bittersweet leaving. It's hard knowing that we won't be a part of this community anymore. It's weird knowing we are going to be civilians again. I will miss the things you become a part of being a military family. I will miss the amazing people.

But, I guess everyone has to move on at some point. This is our point. We will learn. We will adjust. We will adapt and overcome (as M and marines say). We will make it work. And, we will be happy.

I am ready for a new place. A new town to discover. New friends to meet. A house that isn't connected to two other families. Settling down. Making more babies. Raising Lia somewhere M and I love.

We will be moving in with my parents (!) for a while. We are looking into jobs in South Carolina. We've got some good prospects. I am hoping (and dreaming) of our little family moving to the South and settling in within the next few months.

I wish I knew what was going to happen. I wish I knew, for sure, everything was going to work out as we imagine. But, I don't. And it eats away at me. But a wise guy once texted me that "we can make it as long as we make it as a team and not one on one". I am going to put all my faith into that and try to relax my brain from freaking out. Good luck to me!

Any future friends in South Carolina?

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

7 comments:

  1. Kristy this is HUGE!!!!
    You guys have such a wonderful family unit, its all going to work out just fine. "Your in it, to win it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a strong woman you are for making such awesome choices for your family! i can tell you are a strong woman!! You go girl, kinda fun a new adventure in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE...The beach!

    That is huge news and scary and exciting! My hubby made the choice to stay in when he hit 10 years. I remember going back and forth on that choice. Good luck to you guys. South Carolina is were we want to end up when it is all said and done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, BIG news! I wish you and your lovely family all the best! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Yes is huge but I believe in my heart that is good too.
    See, I'm a single mom but my baby's father is part of the Venezuelan Army (also was my dad) it really sucks because he lives in another city, 6hrs from here and he gets to see his baby only every other weekend.
    Trust me, the economy here in my country is worst than it is there and even so I would like him to drop it.
    You can make it guys!! Working together in what you want and deserve. Good luck in this new begining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck in your new adventure in life! I'm sure it will all work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First you had me at chocolate festival...then I forgot when you said y'all were getting out! That's such a crazy adventure, I feel like we're just getting in and y'all are getting out. Some of the things you're thinking about with getting out were how I was/still am feeling about getting in! Everything will work out; good luck to y'all. I'm sure everything is going to work out.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co