January 17, 2011

my soul is happy!

It's been a bit of a rough start to 2011. With our house disaster, a super busy schedule, some bad spots with M and everyday life building up, my soul has taken a hit. I've felt unhappy, un-me, out of sorts with a cluttered head. I have so many resolutions and goals for myself, I felt like I was letting myself down.

But after a low-key, fun weekend, my soul is healing. It's happy.

We took a trip to Jersey on Saturday for some Chick-Fil-A & Dairy Queen. A quick cure for my homesick heart. And, why not throw in some shopping? Old Navy is having a 40% off clearance sale. I sure do miss my nice employee discount, but we got some great things for L-bug. A frilly pink skirt, a grey cardi, a ruffled pink sweatshirt/sweatpants and a cute t-shirt adorned with a bow. Mama got a little something too!

L eating her first kids meal! Nuggets, fruit cup & apple juice from Chick-Fil-A.

Sunday was filled with errands and another trip to Old Navy where daddy got a little something too! After dinner and we put L to bed, M & I had a date night at home. Brownie sundaes with PW's homemade caramel sauce, cuddling on the couch and Hitch. We've been getting on each other's nerves lately. It's nothing horrible, although we probably made it seem worse than it is. It's just what happens when two people are in love with each other. After a really good conversation and talking about goals for ourselves, date night just reconfirmed our love. It was just what we needed. It was just what I needed.

Today was all about cleaning! Our home has just gotten a little out of hand and it was time I changed that. So, M took L-bug to the mall and Toys-R-Us for some daddy/daughter time while I stayed home and cleaned. I turned on my Gloriana playlist on Pandora, cranked up the speakers and got in my cleaning mode. I did dishes, laundry, vacuumed, scrubbed toilets, dusted and febreezed/lysoled every inch of our house. I even used fruity/citrusy scents so my house would scream "spring" amongst all this winter-ness we've got goin' on. We're supposed to be getting another inch of snow tonight.

BTW, I love that M told me this weekend that when the house is clean and organized it motivates him to help keep it that way. Swoon ♥

I'm feeling refreshed. I'm feeling happy. I'm feeling on top of things and in control. I've got plans to hit up Michael's tomorrow to get supplies to make an adorable felt heart wreath.

Now, I'm off to finish watching The Bachelor and I hope he kicks off that crazy girl Michelle. Seriously, I think this show purposely puts girls like this on the show but I do love all this trashy drama!

Happy Monday and MLK day.

2 comments:

  1. don't you love getting in those cleaning modes and you just can't stop cleaning!! The best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you BELIEVE he kept her crazy self??? Lawdy!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co