January 10, 2011

operation paperback.

Everyone seems to be talking about "paying it forward" these days. Well, here's a new way to pay it forward.

Operation paperback is a non-profit organization based out of Pennsylvania. They collect gently used books and send them overseas to our troops. Since 1999, they've shipped over 1.1 million books around the globe. How awesome is that?

Our troops do SO much for us. It's nice to give back to them. Maybe it will make their time overseas a little easier. You can visit their website here to find out how to help!

Military families can now request a shipment of books. There is a form here. All you do is fill it out, let them know what kind of books you'd like and they'll send you a box of about 20-30 books! I just signed L-bug and myself up for some books.

Since I'm lucky enough to receive a shipment, I'll be collecting some to make a shipment to a troop member overseas. I encourage you to do the same!

Also, it's military monday. Check out the blog hop here and find some new blogs!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info about the books! I'm going to check that out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! Just this weekend me and my mom were trying to figure out what to do with all the books we have in our house!

    What kind of books do you like to read btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from Military Blog Hop monday!
    I'm at mommydoes.blogspot.com if you want to follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm a new follower from the Military Blog Hop. Have a great week!

    http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © KRISTY EVERYDAY. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co